Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Evangelizing the digital continent

St John Paul II taught us to set out into the deep

One of the four pillars of priestly formation which Pope St John Paul II discusses in his Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation Pastores Dabo Vobis is the so-called "apostolic pillar." This is the aspect of formation that is designed to help seminarians grow in their zeal and skill for proposing Jesus Christ and His Church to their family, friends, neighbors, and the whole world.

Sometimes it can be difficult to do that as a seminarian, particularly when I have had such an amazing opportunity from my Bishop to study at the threshold of the apostles in Holy Rome.

To ensure that I am engaging this aspect of formation, I have decided to begin posting to my blog with more discipline, so that I can be certain I am evangelization what Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI called "the digital continent" with as much fervor as the seminarians and lay apostles of old evangelized the New World into which I was born.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home