Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pilgrimage to Walsingham: How you can help

UPDATE (Sat., Mar. 24, 4:27 pm): After only 4 days of the appeal, we have reached our goal!

Dear Readers:—

I have been offered an opportunity to go to Walsingham, Norfolk, UK in May 2012 for a pilgrimage for Pentecost with Fr. Becket Soule, O.P., the Griffin Chair of Canon Law and Professor of the School of Theology at the Pontifical College Josephinum.

My bishop has authorized me to go on the pilgrimage, but the diocese will be unable to pay for the expense of attending. I have raised some funds from family and friends, but I still need about $1,000 for air travel, lodging, rail travel, and board for our stay in the UK.

I would invite my readers to help in any way that they can; please be assured that I will pray, by name, for all those who are able to offer a gift, no matter how large or small, at the Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham, where Fr. Soule will celebrate Mass in the Slipper Chapel for Pentecost.





If you have any questions, or to confirm that this is a legitimate appeal, please feel free to email me at diezba at gmail dot com.

Please be sure to mention your name and the intention for which you would like me to pray when you donate.

Thank you,

D.E. Barker
Seminarian
Roman Catholic Diocese of Nashville

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home