Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Some Scripture cogent to recent events

With special thanks to my brother Mark Halling, some Scripture that I have been thinking about over the past couple of days:

Lamentations 3, after the destruction of Judah:
I cry out, "My splendor is gone! Everything I had hoped for from the Lord is lost!"

The thought of my suffering and homelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss.

Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: "The unfailing love of the Lord never ends. By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day."

I say to myself, "The Lord is my inheritance; therefore I will hope in him." He's all I have left.
And Psalm 143:
Come quickly, Lord, and answer me for my depression deepens. Don't turn away from me or I will die. Let me hear of your unfailing love in the morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I have come to you in prayer...

May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing. For the glory of your name, O Lord, save me! In your righteousness, bring me out of this distress.
FEELING: Devastated
LISTENING TO: Nothing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home