Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Lessons

After our last final tonight, the law kids basically went crazy. After all, our lessons were over!

People were completely wasted by five o'clock in the afternoon. And while I'm not going to list names here (that'd be a little in appropriate), let's just say that it was, at times, entertaining.

The Lieutenant and I went over to Mac Bracwell's place to hang out and partake of some fermented, canned beverages. We got to see a lot of our friends who have been in hibernation, studying for finals. It was really good to see them all.

Later tonight, we went to my favorite "hang out" spot in Birmingham: Innisfree.

When we first got there, the place was mostly empty (what, with it being a Tuesday night, and all), with about 8 or 10 of our law school buddies. As the night wore on, more and more Cumberland kids showed up, and eventually most of Innisfree was packed with unwinding law kids.

I had a really great time, again seeing people that I haven't gotte to see because of exams; I especially enjoyed getting to hang out with my friends from my own section, ยง 1. It was good to see the Uno's representin' with all the other kids.

Tonight ended rather eventfully for me, but I still had a great time. The biggest thing about tonight, though, was the lesson I learned: first, that no matter what happens, I know that Buck Burris has got my back. What an amazing friend. Second, I learned-- well, I'll leave that lesson unwritten, because I think putting it on here would spoil it.

I hope this isn't too boring for all you blog readers out there. And thanks to everyone who told me, tonight, that my blog served as an effective exam-distraction during finals.

I'm glad I could help.

All I know is that I can't see Katharyn soon enough; and the Promised Land never beckoned me more purposefully than right now.

FEELING: Reflective, frustrated, and grateful
LISTENING TO: The still, small Voice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home