Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Vive la France (pour maintenant)

Hooray and a hearty "Liberté, égalité, fraternité!" to our much-maligned allies in the République. I learned today that France is joining the United States and the United Kingdom in supporting a resolution to force the Syrians to put up or shut up with regard to the Mehlis report from the U.N. investigation into the assassination of former Lebanese prime minister Rafik Hariri (my apologies if I misspelled Mr. Hariri's name).

As an admitted francophone, I always hate to see France and the U.S. at odds in the international arena; thus, it gives me pleasure to see our oldest ally join us in purveying important international issues.

So, until they give us cause to say otherwise, I say, "Vive la France -- pour maintenant."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home