Sunday, March 06, 2005

Spring Break: SEC Women's Hoops Tourney

I decided to spend the first part of spring break in Rogersville with my family and friends, taking a break and enjoying the "slow-paced comfort of Southern hospitality combined with mountain charm" (from the Rogersville tourism brochure) that the lifestyle of the Promised Land entails.

I left Vandy on Saturday morning, and I arrived at home about four hours later (thanks to a stop in always-lovely Cookeville for a quick bite to eat). I had already spoken with mom and dad, and after about an hour's rest, we got in mom's car and headed to Greenville, South Carolina to attend the SEC Women's Basketball Tournament where my beautiful and intelligent Vanderbilt Commodores would be playing their archrivals, the Arnge Hordes of the Tennessee Lady Vawls.

When we got there, tickets were cheap (only $10 for general admission!), and seats were easy to find. There was a nice contingent of Vanderbilt fans, and a whole host of Yew Tee fans.

The Commodores battled hard (and I got to see Courtney Fryxell, along with Jillian Danker, players' parents, and members of the National Commodore Club), but ultimately, the Arnge prevailed by only three points, for a final score of 73-76. Nonetheless, I was proud of the Commodores.

On the way back to Rogersville, I gave mom a tour of the North Greenville College campus (the site of my summer with Centrifuge). It was neat to get to show her where I had spent the summer.

We got back home fairly late, and we both went to sleep so we could get up for church today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home