Monday, February 09, 2004

My statement of faith

Recently, a job for which I applied forced me to write a "statement of faith" to submit along with my resume. It was a very challenging activity, to be honest -- but it was also grew me a bit spiritually. Follows are my efforts.

I believe in One God
Who is Holy, Eternal, Uncreated, Transcendent, and Almighty
Who created all that was, is, and ever shall be
Who has revealed Himself to His Creation
In his Holy Word, the Old and New Testaments
Of the Christian Bible, directly inspired by Him
And in his Son, Jesus of Nazareth
Who is the Christ, the Messiah, the Lord, and the Savior of the World

Through this Revelation and because of it
I believe that God is Triune
Father,
Son, and
Holy Spirit

Through this Revelation and because of it
I believe in the Two Ecumenical Creeds
The Nicene and
The Apostles’

Through this Revelation and because of it
I believe that God the Father
Created me
Sent his Son to redeem me
Gave me His Holy Spirit
I believe that God the Son
Died in my place for my sin
Rose from the dead on the third day
Saved me from sin and death
Lives and reigns at the Father’s right hand
and in my life now and forever
I believe that God the Holy Spirit
Regenerated me
Indwells me
Incorporates me into Christ’s Body
the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church
Sanctifies me and
Leads me into all Truth
As given by God in His Revelation

Through this Revelation and because of it
I am commanded
To radically and counter-culturally love God with all that I am and have
To radically and counter-culturally love my neighbor as myself and
To make disciples, in the name of the Trinity, of all nations

All this I believe, in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home